Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fairbanks Alaska in Pictures

Here are the pictures from our trip last month.


Jillian! She is so cute, so big and so sweet! She cut two teeth while Cameron and I were there and was a bit fussy but didn't complain other than that! I loved spending time with her and holding her...too bad the trip didn't cure me of the "baby bug".

Shannon was such a great tour guide. She made sure Cameron and I saw all of the important things....Here's the Alaska Pipeline.


Cameron had fun with Uncle Adam. He liked to talk his ear off...I sure hope he didn't bug Adam too much!


We went on a Riverboat tour of the Chena River. One of the cool things we were able to see was a makeshift native village. Cameron had fun walking through the little cottages....they were just his size!


One evening we packed a picnic and went to a park...this is pioneer park. Cameron loved the train and told us all where to sit! It was good for him to get out and burn some energy....we happened to have a couple of nice days it seemed like half the time we were there it was raining!



Cameron is getting sooooo big! This picture was taken as we were leaving the pipeline. Cameron didn't want to leave...he told me he was going to stay on the bench...I reminded him that it would be cold that night and he would have to sleep there! He said that's okay, he had a blanket....I reminded him that his blanket was at Aunt Shannon's house and that he wouldn't have it that night if he stayed....He finally decided to come home with us!


My Handsome Little Guy! Can you believe He'll be three in just a couple of weeks?



And last but not least...my Favorite picture from our trip....This was taken at the Santa Claus house in North Pole, Alaska! Cameron wasn't too interested in Santa...but we got to sit in his sleigh and see his reindeer.

We had so much fun visiting with Shannon and Adam! I enjoyed getting to know them better and having the opportunity to experience a little bit of Alaska. Someday we will go back...maybe as a family to live for a while. Thanks, Shannon, for thinking of Cameron and I.

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

How fun!! I've been to some of these places! I grew up in Valdez where the pipeline ends and the oil is loaded onto tankers.