So much has happened, I don't even know where to start! Can you believe we are already 11 days into September? Fall is nearly upon us and I am loving every minute of it....although I do miss the late summer nights and the warm mornings....
Cameron and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit Cole's oldest sister Shannon and her wonderful family in Fairbanks Alaska last month. We went for 2 whole weeks and enjoyed almost every minute of it. The minutes I didn't enjoy were the ones closest to bedtime near the end of the fabulous two weeks. We were able to take care of Shannon's adorable little girl while she trained a new gal at work. In the evenings and on the weekends we were true tourists. Shannon took us to Santa's House in North Pole! We got to see the Alyseka Pipeline and a moose. Cameron's favorite was the Riverboat Tour of the Chena River. Grandma and Grandpa Evarts made a long drive from Homer to Fairbanks to see us! Cameron and I even ventured out on our own with Jillian in tow to the local farmers market (Cameron loved this part too, he bought his own carrots!!!). I have tons of pictures that I will post soon, I promise!
Before leaving for Alaska, Cole's mom and I came across some local peaches for 20 cents a pound...YES, TWENTY CENTS A POUND!!!! You will think I am crazy when I tell you we canned 300LBS!!! Amounting to 176 quart jars of peaches! .....While I was in Alaska they bought another 150lbs for 10 cents a pound!!! Amounting to 64 quart jars of peaches.....I will sound even crazier when I tell you that when I returned home we were able to pick another 50lbs of peaches...for FREE!!! I'm not crazy...and yes it's all true! We've also been making bread and butter pickles with the pickling cukes from our garden, canning home grown tomatoes and freezing peaches, plums and strawberries to make jam with at a later date. This week we have pears ripening and grapes that need to be picked and juiced or dried! It's harvest time folks and I am loving every minute of it!
I had taken a break from quilting this summer with too much to do outside....now that things are slowing down and the nephews are off at school I have started pulling it out again and am looking forward to letting my creative juices flow.
Cameron will be 3 in a month and a half! I can hardly believe it! He is talking like a normal 3 year-old....I was worried there for a few months when he was still grunting at 2 and a half. He is potty trained....has been for a few months. We took his pacifier away in May or June. He really is a little boy now! I can't believe it!
Cole has worked like a crazy man for most of the summer. He is loving his job. He has worked over-time most weeks and is just now starting to slow down. We are serving together at church as cub scout leaders. I love watching him with the boys, he is so good with the youth!
I'm sure I am missing things, but it's late....Cameron didn't nap today so it's off to bed for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment