Sorry it's taken me so long to post this! As you can imagine I've been busy with a baby! I am now 13 1/2 days postpartum and feel like I have regained some control in this crazy world of ours.Joshua was born August 31st, 2010 at 1:01am. I was in labor for 22 hours from start to finish! I labored at home with Cole and Cameron for 16 hours. By early evening I had had enough and was ready for an epidural! So we dropped Cameron off at the farm with Grandma and Papa and made our way to the hospital. When we checked in I was dilated to a 5 and contracting regularly every 3-4 minutes. I had my epidural by 8pm and enjoyed about two hours of "zero-pain". I was complete and ready to push at 12:30am. My wonderful doctor arrived at 12:55am and broke my water (yes, broke my water!!!) at 12:57am. I pushed a total of 6 times over 2 contractions and delivered Mr. Joshua 3 minutes after my water broke!
He was born healthy as could be! Nursed for the first two days of his life! and is still
nursing like a champ!
Obviously after giving birth I was a little distracted to I missed the big "Oh, MY, GOODNESS.... from my doctor after delivering the placenta. I later found out that Joshua is quite the miracle. He had two knots in his cord. My OB, his Pediatrician and all of our labor and
delivery/postpartum nurses had never seen such a thing. Dr. Carbonell has seen plenty of knots in the cord but never two knots. He went on to tell me that the cases he's heard of have delivered still-born babies!
Cameron has adjusted well, all things considered! He has a "hard day" every once in a while but voices his concerns or problems and we do our best to work through them! It's still crazy to me that I now have two children I'm responsible for. It's still weird to use "the kids" or "the boys" in a sentence!
1 comment:
Oh Amber! You're such a champ! Laboring at home 16 hours and then impressive pushing for 6 minutes! Congratulations on the healthy boy, Joshua. I loved seeing the knotted cord! That is so interesting. He's a gymnast of some sort to get that all tangled. Anyway, I am SO glad he's your miracle baby and that mom and baby are great! How's Cameron handling the addition?
-Ari
Post a Comment