I don't know what it is about meeting new people. All of the ladies at play group are very nice, they all have young kids and they all go to church with me. It wasn't so much as meeting THEM...it is meeting new people in general....I think it brings out all of my insecurities. I'm really quiet until I get to know you. I am self conscious about my weight. Cole and I are still trying to get established here...it sounds crazy to ME when I'm asked why we moved and what kind of a job my husband has....we moved 3,000 miles so he could install security systems? Seriously!
Anyhow, playgroup went great....Cameron loved playing with the other boy his age there. It makes me so sad every day when he plays alone...in Oregon he had cousins to play with everyday! So it was good to see him take to this other boy and run through the backyard. I had fun chatting with the other moms....I didn't say much but that will come with time! Cameron is already looking forward to going back next week. J also enjoyed himself....he discovered grass and played with a baby doll.
Making friends takes time...I know, but I only have a couple more months before the state of Alaska is dark....I need friends by then!
2 comments:
Hi Amber! Long time... Your Alaska adventure sounds like fun. It's really awesome that there are other young moms with kids to HAVE playgroup with! I am sure they will be your good friends by the time Alaska's lights dim... You're so wonderful!! I like listening to inspirational music... LIKE Kanye West's "Stronger" to get me pumped up about new places. Anyway, it may not be so inspirational to you, but hey, everyone always has an opinion. Good luck and keep on with that positive attitude!!
Love, Ari
I am so excited to get to know you a little better and to hang out with you and your kids more. I know exactly what you mean by needing friends, most of us have been in your shoes at one point so we get it. I hope we are making you feel welcome.
Post a Comment