One of my readers is also a very good friend....she requested an update...so here it is!
Sorry it's been so long, Friends! Life got the best of me and I have been trying my hardest to keep keepin' on!
I'll start with the kiddos---
Joshua has now taken on the name of Josh---I knew it would happen :) Although it's my fault! In all honesty I don't care which name he uses and what our friends and acquaintances call him. Here at home he is Joshua, Josh, baby J, Mr J and Shua. Our Little Guy is officially 18 months old! I still can't believe he's growing up so fast. hes just as independent as Cameron was at this age. He loves his toys and plays with his brother often. He has a favorite blanket. although any blanket will do (nice for blanket washing days!). He is the best eater in the house and will eat almost anything I put in front of him. He's learning how to help with simple chores around the house and he's learning his place in our family. He initiates prayer at meals and stayed the whole two hours in nursery last week! He is growing way to fast and i just wish i could pause time...to enjoy these sweet moments with my baby (toddler)!
Cameron is doing great. He is thriving at school and at home. He can write his name all by himself, although he would rather not! He is the best big brother and helps take care of Joshua. he loves to get him out of his bed and helps to find Josh's blanket when we can't find it. He enjoys playing games on the computer (our favorite sites are NickJr and PBS Kids...we also like the Zoodles dashboard) and loves our Wii. It's been fun to watch his coordination change allowing him to play these different games and consoles better. we haven't had any more trouble with kids at school which is wonderful. Cameron and i both love his teacher and the classroom aide. We have decided to homeschool him next year. I am looking forward to the one-on-one time we will have. He is one of the funniest kids I know and cracks me up a hundred times a day. He is also very smart....the things he retains in that little head of his amazes me. We are pretty sure that Cameron has inherited my allergies, though. He will have an allergy test here soon to help determine what his triggers may be.
Cole has had his best winter to date (at least as long as I've known him). To me, it's just another testament to me that we are doing exactly as Heavenly Father has planned. He still loves his job, but has realized that it's just that, a job, and that in order for us to expand our family anymore and buy a house someday he will need a career that will allow him to provide those things. He's looking into a couple of things and is excited about the different opportunities he's pursuing.
As for me, it's been a very hard winter....not because of the winter and lack of daylight but because I am having a hard time figuring out where I fit in. I believe this is the reason I have been avoiding this blog. I have commited myself to me and my family. I have decided that it doesn't matter how many friends I have right now and what people may think of me. I need to do what is best for myself and my family. I have settled into our ward for the most part. As for Alaska, I love it. I have thoroughly enjoyed our winter and I am looking forward to spring. We've had some crazy snow that isn't normally for where we live. It's been soooo fun!
Overall, We are happy, healthy and enjoying each other!
1 comment:
Hey, its Brooke! You won a giveaway on my blog. Check it out and email me please!
Post a Comment