Monday, January 23, 2012

Update!

It's been a nice low-key month around our home! Cole's schedule has settled down a bit the last week or so. The kids have enjoyed seeing him in the evenings for a few minutes before bed.

Joshua has been cutting teeth like a mad man! Since Christmas he has cut 4-5 teeth! He's been one crabby dude. Other than that he's really started talking. His words are still pretty limited but he is starting to put the words he know into 2-3 word sentences. Last night he said "I want Dada"....he also says "I want that", "Yessss" "Uh-oh" "I want This". He's started waking up really early in the morning....I refuse to get up before 7am so on those mornings he gets to lay in his bed and talk. We hear him singing every morning....it's pretty cute!

Cameron has settled back into school! I am so grateful that he loves school again! He's starting to recognize words when he looks at books and papers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was reading by the end of summer! Right now we are working on recognized numbers....he's very good with number 1-10. Once you get past 10 he has trouble recognizing numbers 11-20. He knows them but gets confused when looking at them! His teacher suggested using BINGO cards and having him yell out the numbers. It's so fun and he has really gotten the hang of these numbers he's been having trouble with.

Cole is doing great. Winters are or have always been very hard for him. I can honestly say that in all of the years I have known him...this has been his best winter to date! I believe that because we are following our hearts and doing exactly as we have been instructed by our Father in Heaven we are being blessed immensely....and I believe that is exactly why Cole is thriving this winter! He still loves his job. Now that his job has slowed down a bit we are enjoying having him home in the evenings!

I am hanging in there....the holidays were really tough! I am still trying to get settled back in since our trip to Oregon! I was finally able to go to Cameron's school this last week to help in the class room....Joshua and I even made it to playgroup this week! I've spent some time reading. I love my primary class! I've enjoyed baking the last couple of months! I am trying very hard to enjoy the days home with my kiddos and then enjoy the evenings with my husband!

We are all looking forward to spring and summer!

No comments: