I was on the phone with my sister this afternoon and she asked what I was making for dinner. We talked about some of the things she could do on Thursdays when he life is more than she can handle...:) She mentioned how planning would help her...here's my menu, hopefully it inspires somebody!
Sun Jan 8- Crock-pot Chicken and Rice : two chicken breast, two handfuls of baby carrots, half an onion, one packet chicken gravy mix and two cups water. Cook on low for four hours. Serve over white or brown rice. Served 4.
Mon Jan 9- BBQ Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes : Three bone in pork chops seared in hot pan. Place in baking dish and cover with bbq sauce. Cover pan with foil. Bake at 375 for about an hour. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad
Tues Jan 10- Chicken tacos
Wed Jan 11- Lentil Sloppy Joes (we'll see how this goes over with the Husband ;)) with homemade buns!
Thurs Jan 12- Kielbasa and roasted veggies
Fri Jan 13- homemade Pizza night!
Sat Jan 14- Spaghetti
My menu nothing special. I try to cook things my family likes and eats well. Sometimes I throw some odd things in just to see how it goes over. Mr. J will eat anything...but Cameron and Cole are very picky! I normally open a can of corn or green beans to serve with meals. I always have apple sauce on hand as well. The boys have been spoiled with canned peaches lately (thanks to the truck driver and my mom-in-law in Oregon!).
1 comment:
I love your menu. The crock-pot chicken sounds amazing.
Post a Comment