When planning my menus stand in front of my calendar in my kitchen and think about the food I have on hand. I always try to use what I have first...if I need an ingredient for something I note it on my calendar several days before I need it. I also try to find something that I can use as a substitute for that ingredient! We have some favorite meals that I rotate through often. My family doesn't care if we have spaghetti once a week. You'll probably see several things on my menu a couple of times a month. I like to try new recipes but my husband and oldest child aren't always supportive! Sundays are hard days for us. We have church in the afternoon from 1pm-4pm...we don't get home till 4:30....we leave our house at 12:30pm. It take our family 2 1/2 hrs to be "church ready"...so our mornings on Sundays consist of breakfast and getting ready. I try really hard to have dinner in the crockpot so that when we get home it is ready! For Christmas, my husband bought me a rice cooker with a delay start timer on it....I LOVE IT!!! for Sundays!
Sun Jan 15- Smothered Pork Chops in the crockpot with Rice : Cream of mushroom soup over pork chops.
Mon Jan 16- French Dip Sandwiches
Tues Jan 17- Spaghetti
Wed Jan 18- Breakfast for dinner: Scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and hashbrowns for daddy (because of his egg allergy he gets hashbrowns instead!)
Thurs Jan 19- Terriyaki Chicken and Rice
Fri Jan 20- Pizza night!
Sat Jan 21- Free night....once a month we eat out...the boys normally pick McDonalds and Cole I will either have Taco del Mar or Subway
Breakfast-for-dinner is something my mom used to do for us! It was our favorite meal! My kids love it too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment