Cameron finished preschool yesterday. It's bitter-sweet. We are all looking forward to summer but we were also sad to say goodbye to Cameron's teacher. He has grown and changed so much this past year. It's hard to describe, but i have watched my shy, quiet 5 year old blossom into an outspoken inquisitive young man. He is so smart and asks interesting questions. He definitely keeps us on our toes.
Camerons teacher, Ms. Rada, was such a blessing. She was so patient and kind to her class. At headstart, the teachers make monthly visits to the homes of each child in their classroom. When Ms. Rada would come over she would always have activities planned that had been tailored to Cameron and what he needed to learn. I remember one visit she raved about Cameron and it touched me deeply. Moving from family to none, I feared that we had set him up for failure. The first few months here in Alaska were very hard for him. He was sad most of the time because he missed his family. He didn't want to go to church because he was afraid none of the kids in his primary class would like him. Once school started we started to see that change. He seemed happier. Although, Ms. Rada was complimenting our parenting when she said what she said about Cameron...to me it was just another confirmation that we as a family are doing just as we should.
We've been counting down the days till school gets out....mainly because I'd like to sleep in :) But when we woke yesterday Cameron was a little sad. It was the last time he would ride the bus with Mr. Fred and the last time he would see most of his friends (we are not in Wasilla city limits...the headstart program he was attending was in Wasilla and most of the students in his class will go to different school...we will go to a Palmer school due to boundaries and such)...it would be the last time he'd see Ms. Rada, although sometimes we run into her at Wal-Mart. We had made her a quilt to thank her for such a great year. I'll be honest, I was definately choking back tears as we said our goodbyes....I'm a big baby, but for me it was the close of our first chapter here in Alaska. We've made a home here and the school and the staff there were a part of that. I know we will find that at the elementary school Cameron attends but for me yesterday was so much more than the end of a school year.
 |
| I love this quilt....I hope Ms. Rada does too! |
 |
| Cole was home one day when Cameron was getting off the bus...Cameron loved it when Daddy would get him on or off the bus! |
 |
| Thank You Ms. Rada for such a wonderful year :) |
1 comment:
I cannot believe he is already done with pre-school! He is getting so big. It warms my heart that his teacher helped blossom. That is what teachers are supposed to be able to do. I also love that you made her a quilt. You and Cole are the warm loving people and it makes me happy you are giving your sons such a great example! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment