Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Year

Our family has had an incredible year! If somebody had given me a timeline or breakdown of how this last year has played out I would have looked at it and thrown it across the room. I didn't imagine the heartache I would feel, how lonely I would be, or how this move would affect Cameron. I never would have believed that I would  be happy, that Cameron would thrive, that Joshua will never know anything different, that Cole would enjoy winter, that we would thrive as a family. I look back over the last year and I have so many memories...stories I hope to be able to tell to my grandchildren one day. I look back over the last year in awe of the lessons we have learned and the trials we have overcome! We have made friends...really great friends...friends we hope to keep forever. We have a cat that the boys adore and an apartment that feels like a home. We are slowly but surely settling into our ward. We have daily and weekly routines. We live in a beautiful town surrounded by majestic mountains. A year ago, the boys and I said goodbye to our friends and family...we took 4 suitcases and 2 boxes...and left everything I've ever known for this wonderful, crazy, challenging adventure! I am so grateful that Cole was there to meet us at the airport when we landed in Anchorage...I was scared out of my mind...but I will ALWAYS remember the grin on his face when we walked out of the terminal and he saw us for the first time in six weeks....he was obviously happy and I was determined from that moment on to make this work and it has. 

I have a new song that I play over and over! It reminds me to keep going. It reminds me to never give up. The last year has been so hard...but I would never trade it for anything. 

Change in the Making

From the album Higher By Mercy River

There’s a better version of me
That I can’t quite see
But things are gonna change
Right now I’m a total mess and
Right now I’m completely incomplete
But things are gonna change
Cause you’re not through with me yet
This is redemption’s story
With every step that I’m taking
Every day, you’re chipping away
What I don’t need
This is me under construction
This is my pride being broken
And every day I’m closer to who I’m meant to be
I’m a change in the making
Wish I could live more patiently
Wish I could give a little more of me
Without stopping to think twice
Wish I had faith like a little child
Wish I could walk a single mile
Without tripping on my own feet
But you’re not through with me yet
Chorus
From the dawn of history
You make new and you redeem
From a broken world to a broken heart
You finish what you start in everything
Like a river rolls into the sea
We’re not who we’re going to be
But things are going to change
Chorus
I’m not who I’m gonna be
Moving closer to your glory

1 comment:

Arianna said...

I usually check blogs from my phone, which makes it tough to comment... so HERE I AM!! A proud reader!! I love your updates and love to hear of your adventures. I am so happy to hear all the great blessings! You guys deserve it!! I want to see more pictures of Alaska. Maybe someday we will be able to see it... it'll be a while before that though... so pictures please! To hold me over :) :) :)