Now that we are finally settled in, I have time to think again. We've had an interesting few days. Saturday morning Joshua woke with a nasty diaper....I figured it was something he had eaten. Those nasty diapers continued into Sunday and still I wasn't convinced that he was sick. he didn't have a fever and was acting normal so again I figured it was something that just hadn't sat right with him. We went to church and although he doesn't stay in nursery I still feel bad about having taken him when he was sick. Anyhow, his diapers continued and actually increased. He became lethargic as Monday started. For the last four days Josh and I have basically sat together and we haven't done anything! I've kept up on the dirty blankets, sheets and jammies from Josh and the dishes but I haven't had time for anything else as the poor little guy only wants mommy. Monday is when the phone calls started.
Monday afternoon we got a call from some good friends in Oregon letting us know that they are expecting a precious little boy. We are so excited for them and we know that their sweet son that they already have will be a wonderful big brother. A couple hours later they called again to let us know that he had been offered a job with the local school district. We were even more excited about this piece of news. The next morning I got a call from a friend here in Alaska needing a friend...her husband had been let go from his place of employment. My heart broke for the family of five, having been in that similar situation just over a year ago I know how it feels to have to make new plans and readjust the plans you had. A few hours later, my best friend in Oregon called to let me know that she hadn't gotten a job she applied for. Seriously.
I am so glad that we are blessed with amazing friends. I feel grateful that they feel comfortable calling to share their news with us, good or bad. By the end of the day Tuesday, I became aware or several other friends and family members that were either having a very hard time or celebrating over great news. I was swimming in my own thoughts trying to figure out how to help each individually. I offered up a prayer knowing that our Father in Heaven would be the only one that could provide the comfort that each of my friends need. I have seen miracles worked in my own life, sicknesses healed, comfort provided, peace or mind and of heart. I have felt the peace that can come from the comfort that is provided when turning to our Father in Heaven. Countless times and in so many different situations I have felt that peace and comfort. I pray that each of our friends felt that peace and will continue to feel the spirit in their lives. I know that prayer are answered, it may not be in our time but they will be answered.
Tonight I am praying for my sweet baby boy. He is on the verge of dehydration and I am so worried about him. I hope this bug passes quickly so that I can have my crazy toddler back!
No comments:
Post a Comment