Monday, July 7, 2014

More Babies?

You'd be surprised by how many people think that the size of your family is their business. The best part: they each think that they have a right to have an opinion about the size of your family. And they don't!

Here's the thing. I love my boys. Each and every one of them...love abounds in our home. I love them each how they need it each second. Sometimes I have to reevaluate how I'm loving them and change it to meet their needs. My heart is so full of the love I have for them. 

I remember being worried that I wouldn't be able to love Joshua as much as I love Cameron....the moment I held that sweet baby boy in my arms love poured out of me. When Dade became a thought in our minds, I knew that I had what it would take to care for and love the next child. I know that if and when we decided to grow our family that I will have what it takes to care for that new child. 

I have days or even moments during the days when I feel content. This is our family. Three boys. The five of us. But then there are the other days and the other moments when I know that our family isn't complete. If you had asked me 8 years ago how many kids we'd have I'd have said 3. But today, I say I don't know. If we are blessed with another little one or two I'd be elated. If this is it, I'm content. I've spent the last year enjoying my baby more than I have any of the others...it might have something to do with the fact that he hasn't rushed through the different milestones :) 

So to everybody who wants to know, I don't know. We'll see. 

1 comment:

Arianna said...

This question drives me bonkers. Although in your case I'm pretty sure they ask bc you're such a wonderful and caring mommy and they admire you in your mommying!! ;)