I'll just jump right in, starting with Cameron! Cameron finished his first grade year and boy, did he have a great year. Each report card and conference was filled with nothing but praise for our sweet boy. He ended the school year with amazing test scores...way above grade level! He is a smart boy for sure. He is the best big brother and is such a great help with both Joshua and Dade. He's finding some independence which is both shocking and nice. I wasn't ready for him to grow and change so much but he is a joy to be around most of the time and as he's getting older and understanding more and more I feel as though I'm talking to a friend sometimes and not a child. Cole and I were climbing into bed the other night when Cameron came in to tell us he was having a hard time falling asleep. We invited him to come snuggle for a few minutes....he hopped right into bed and began chatting with us. He is so special. My baby is growing up though!
Joshua has embraced the role of a middle child. You'll never forget he's in a room with you but you might forget he's only 3! This kid is wise beyond his years, I think that comes from having an older brother that's so intellectual. He's very social but still a little shy at times. He still hasn't quite settled into primary....he loves his sunbeam class but doesn't care for sharing time and singing time, that's changing though! He's made friends with some of the kids at church and at Zumba (mommy's exercise class) and even says he has a girlfriend. We were hoping to branch out into preschool this next year but working with him at home fits better into the budget. He is a good big brother and loves on Dade more than he should sometimes. He got his very first bike a week ago and loves riding it....he may be ready for the training wheels to come off before summer is over. This kid has a special place in my heart and will always crave our attention.
We have a one year old in the house! Dade turned one last month which just seems crazy. I still can't believe I have three kids sometimes! He is a total joy to be around. His little personality shines through and he makes his presence known. He doesn't have any teeth yet....doesn't walk yet either. He crawls or cruises along furniture faster than any baby I've ever met. He tries his hardest to be sneaky and sly and loves to watch his brothers wrestle...they seem to be the only funny ones in the house these days. He sleeps through the night (has for months) and takes two 1.5-3 hour long naps each day! He wakes between 7 and 7:30 am and goes to bed at about 7:30 pm each night. We are weaning from formula, but he does take one bottle in the morning with about 2 oz of formula and 4-6 oz whole milk. He'll eat almost anything you put in front of him except for tortillas! If he was walking, I wouldn't be able to keep up!
Cole has been with Century Link for 11 months now. He still loves it as much as he did his first week. He's making friends! This Man is such a great Man! I am so blessed to have a husband who works hard all week long, comes home each night and helps care for the kids and doesn't blink an eye when he has to take care of the kids on Sundays too! Seriously, Cole is an amazing father and husband.
As for me, I'm busy being a mom, a housewife and serving at church. I am serving as the second counselor in our Relief Society Presidency and just finished up as our ward Camp director. The two callings overlapped for about a month there and I was most definitely overwhelmed at times. I loved serving the young women though and helping them get ready for camp. I've meet some amazing people here in Jerome and It's been fun serving in new and different capacities. Relief Society will definitely push me out of my comfort zone but I'm serving with so many amazing women who help guide me. Jerome has been a great fit for our family and I could see us staying here for quite awhile.
The last 11 months have flown by...I think it's been about 7 months since the last update. We are blessed and have nobody to thank but our Father in Heaven, without his guidance, strength and spirit we wouldn't be where we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment