I feel like I have been cooking for days. The worst part is I haven't.
My sister and her boyfriend picked some peaches from a friends house. When they were picked they got a little bruised. When they were brought to me they needed to be used asap. So I started blanching and removing skins. I froze four different batches so I can make peach jam at a latter date. I ran out of Ziploc baggies and went ahead and made two batches of jam from what was left of the peaches. It is YUMMY!!!!
Before I had even finished with the peaches I inherited about 15 lbs if apples. After I finished the peaches, I started apple sauce. I have made 3 batches of apple sauce and have one more to make. I am trying to decide if I should make apple butter or if I should just can the apple sauce.
So after making three meals a day for Grandma and Cameron and all of the canning and cooking and prepping of the fruit, I never want to look at my kitchen again. Some of that can be contributed to how messy it is and my lack of motivation in cleaning it right at the moment.
I have enjoyed my self though so no worries! I have found that I really enjoy the prepping and cooking and canning of the many few fruits I have done. I am hoping to have a garden next year so I can can dome veggies. And I am still planning on canning pears and more peaches.
Alas, The kitchen calls.
1 comment:
You are amazing! I want to be Amber! Maybe sometime you can bring all your stuff here to my gigantic kitchen and we can make mine messy and yours can stay clean (and you can teach me how to do stuff!) I'm proud of you! S
Post a Comment