Saturday, February 14, 2009

Moving Day

Today's the day! We are moving. Cole is helping my step-dad do some landscaping this morning and then will come home and work for me....hehe! We are moving the things we need at the farm to the farm today. Early next week we will put everything else in storage.

We moved Grandma last Sunday. She has been at the new home for close to a week. She has adjusted well and seems to be happy. That word hasn't come out of her mouth but she has made several comments about how nice it is.

It has been a challenging week for me. I went from having a very structured schedule seven days a week to not having a schedule at all. It was almost shocking when I realized Monday afternoon that I didn't have to rush home to make lunch for grandma. Yes, I still have a two year old that needs to eat and sleep.....but he's with me and will eat or sleep where I am! So So Nice! Don't get me wrong I cherish the time I spent with grandma. I cherish the memories I have of her and Cameron, he will most likely be the only great grand child she will know (nobody else is planning any kids in the near future!) so the time they spent together means more to me than anyone will ever know. Taking care of grandma was a blessing for all. She hasn't been this healthy in nearly 10 years (her physical strength is another matter and the reason she went into assisted living). Cole and I have had a stable income while he's been in school. It has been an incredible experience although I have told my mom and plan on telling my dad that they will be taking care of themselves when they get old, I'm not doing it!!!

Cameron has enjoyed having me all to himself. There hasn't been anymore "Cameron, wait till I'm done helping Grandma". He had had to adjust quite a bit and I am extremely worried about moving today. I know he will be fine but I think we will have a few bad nights till he gets used to going nigh, night at the farm.

Cole is working hard at school. He is enjoying his welding class the most and is very excited because he was able to tig weld for the first time last week. He burned his hand like crazy and was shocked all over the place but came home and informed me that he has a new love in this life and I was just going to have to deal with it!

There's our story! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted but life has been a little strange around here. I will post again soon because I have a story to share!

2 comments:

allison nadauld said...

You're leaving us!!??? What? I am really sad that I haven't been blogging lately. You'd better keep in touch. Jacksonville ward is LUCKY!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Wow! That is some news. . . good and bittersweet, it seems. . . I'm sure you'll enjoy all of your new experiences. . . and J'ville is very lucky, Allison is right!