Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pow Pow....

Yes, the pow pow above is supposed to be the sound of a gun. I was completely shocked yesterday when Cameron pointed at me and made that sound. YES, Cameron pointed at me and said (and I quote)" NO, Pow Pow". I had obviously ticked him off by asking him to bring the candy bar to me to open and break a piece off for him. I guess as a mother I over stepped my boundaries forcing the poor kid to react this way....OR he's been watching to many western gun fights with his great grandma....I believe the last statement to be true.
We are moving, no reason to dance around the change now that it's out there and arrangements have been made. Grandma is moving to a wonderful foster home. The house is gorgeous and the lady who owns and runs the home is just as nice. She seems to have a heart of gold and I truly believe grandma will be in great hands. She will move into the home in a matter for weeks if not days. Cole, Cameron and I will move back to the farm for a couple of months. I searching fervently for a job (that would possibly work around Cole's school schedule). I am looking forward to some me time and not having to care for someone other than Cameron twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. Don't get me wrong I love my grandmother and am so grateful for the time Cole, Cameron and I have had with her, I do believe however that it is time for us to part our separate ways so that she can have the professional medical care she needs and so that I can focus on our family and my marriage!

School is going well for Cole. The welding program has moved to the Table Rock campus in White City. Only having to travel a couple of miles rather than 60 miles round trip a day has been a huge blessing. Although gas prices have gone down for the time being, we are saving money. It caused Cole great anxiety to travel to Grants Pass and be 45 minutes away, if there was an emergency he was terrified he wouldn't be here in time.

I am holding up well. I have lists coming out my ears and am struggling to find the motivation to pack and continue going through things, however it's coming together and all will be well.

Cameron is a cute and crazy as ever! He has started talking more (YAY!!!). I'm amazed, daily, by how smart my little two year-old is. It's incredible to me how much they learn and imitate. He is a wonderful beautiful child and I thank Heavenly Father daily for blessing up with him.

There you have it, a quick update to let you know we are here, we are alive and we are kicking!

No comments: