Friday, December 11, 2009

FHE Challenge

A couple of Monday's ago, for Family Home Evening, the adults challenged the Kiddos to serve others. Damien found a really cool manger and told the kids that every time they serve some one or do something nice, they will be able to put a hand full of hay in the manger. The goal is to have the manger full by Christmas Eve so that Baby Jesus will have a soft, warm and comfy place to lay.

It has been so much fun listening to the kids (Cameron and his three cousins: Caleb, Jared and Dallin) help each other. Cameron came into our room the other day and informed me that he needed a clean pair of undies. I asked if he had had an accident and he said "no, I need them for Dallin, I sharin' with him, he needs some undies, he have no clean ones." Yes, he put a hand full of hay in the manger.

I love this challenge. It has helped me to think about my actions, to remember the true meaning of Christmas and to help teach my child the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments: