---Definitely not a highlight but Cole lost his job...it was a wonderful way to start our holiday season...NOT! It has not been fun worrying about money and bills....then there is always the worry about the lack of money and Christmas gifts....I'm sure you get the picture. The highlight of this little obstacle is definitely the fact that we have a very gracious family....more than ever we are grateful for where we live.
---As I said before, I milk a cow. This started as a one week thing but has turned into a full-time (part-time) job. I join my Mother-In-Law every morning before dawn in the milking parlor (don't we sound professional?) to milk a cow. Between set-up, milking, and clean-up I spend an hour twice a day milking...the unbelievable thing is the milk sells for 7 dollars a gallon. Do the math!!! I get 4 gallons a day from one cow. I sell all 4 gallons each day except for Sunday. It has turned into quite the little job.
---We had a baby calf. Abby cow (Lories cow) had her baby a couple of week a go. It turned into quite the ordeal. She wasn't expected to calf for another couple of weeks so we weren't quite ready and set up to milk two cows. When we found mom and baby bright and early (5:30 am) on a Saturday we were a little surprised and nervous. After much drama....mastitis, shots, kicking, and engorgement....we have a second cow that is milking....this would be Lorie's Cow.
---We had a very quiet and peaceful Thanksgiving. Lorie volunteered to have a giant Thanksgiving and decided to invite the whole ward. We had just over 100 people show up. It was fun and yes....quiet and peaceful.
---My Mother-In-Law and I are the enrichment leaders in our ward at church. We were called three weeks before our "Super Saturday". We quickly changed the name to "Simple Saturday" and started planning. It went off without a hitch and was a huge success. We are already planning our Relief Society Birthday Celebration for March.....Here's a hint: Our ward recently welcomed back the Spanish Branch.....
---Cole's sisters Mandi and Shannon were here for a couple of days. It was so fun visiting with them! I wish they lived closer! I really enjoyed seeing Baby Jillian....I love watching her explore! Thanks, Adam for coming along! ;)
There it is in a nutshell! It has been a crazy, busy few weeks! I am so very thankful for all of our many blessings. I am trying very hard to stay focused and balanced. Stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment