Who would have thought that this weekend, a weekend of uplifting words delivered from mouths of Apostles and Prophets, that I would be so lonely. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to General Conference and I look forward to the day that I can take my family to watch Conference live. I've enjoyed watching the light of recognition come into Cameron's eyes as he hears and listens to the words that have been spoken and to the songs that have been sung. I love the feeling of peace that wraps around me as I listen to our Prophet speak. I have a desire to do better and to do more while continuing to do those righteous things I strive to do each day. I know that my best is good enough and that by serving my children I am serving our God. With all of that though, I miss my family.
The boys and I were able to Skype with my mom yesterday. It's been four months since I've seen her. Since I've been able to have a hug from my mom. Although we talk daily, if was nice to see her and for her to have the chance to see the boys...to see how much they've grown and for them to share their things with her. Cameron was able to read a book to her and Joshua showed her his new nightlight. You wouldn't believe it but they've both changed so much in the last four months and it's wonderful that we have the technology we do today..it sure helps for us to feel closer when we are so far away.
In the past, Conference weekends have been spent with Cole's family. We would all gather and share meals and insight before, during and after each session. I miss that, the special gathering that would bring us closer as a family.
I know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing....that we are living far from family for a reason and a purpose. Day to day it isn't so hard...but on these special occasions it's pure torture! Day to day I can see the blessing right before me...I can see how we are being changed and strengthened. Even thought this weekend has been hard, I have answers to prayers before me. I have been uplifted and have the strength to continue on. As I type Cameron is filling out his Conference Listening Card. He is listening to an Apostle speak and recognizing words that are being said. I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment