We are still preparing Cameron for Joshua's arrival....When we broke the news to Cameron about Grandmas death, Cole mentioned that she was not only going to heaven where Grandpa Harvey is, she in heaven where Joshua just came from (in a sense and it helped Cameron to better understand the joining of spirit and body at birth and the separation of the two at death). Cameron asked how Joshua got into mommy's tummy and Cole asked "you're smart, how do you think he got into mommy's tummy?" Cameron then, having just learned about Moses a few weeks ago at church, told Cole that he thinks Joshua came down the river like Moses, except with out the basket.
We have started going through baby things. Cameron loves to try out Joshua's baby toys...I have to remind Cameron that they used to be his when he was a baby. It's been fun to watch Cameron play with the train and music table that he played with when he was little....I feel blessed to have the ability to recall those memories of him, most of them include Grandma, too, which makes the memories and these new moments extra special.
Grandma was so excited that we were having another baby! She had a hard time remembering his name and was sure that we wanted a girl....but she has a fondness for boys as she raised 3! She loved the name Joshua and made sure to tell every time she heard it that is was a strong manly name. I have bitter-sweet feeling regarding her passing without having met Joshua, I wish she could have met him in this life but I know that she will meet him when the time is right in the next life.
Now, 8 weeks...hurry up and go already....I want to meet my new little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment