Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010

Cole and I missed fast and testimony meeting yesterday. We got a phone call about an hour before church was to start, letting me know that my Grandmother whom I love and adore would probably be leaving this life shortly. Cole and I went up to the hospital to sit with her for a while and say goodbye. Nobody knew how long it would take. My prayer was for her passing to be short and easy. I have been inclined to pray for her comfort....I did not want her to suffer anymore than she already had. As I mentioned in my last post she had recently broke her leg, undergone two major surgery's with complications. She has been in and out of ICU in the last couple of weeks.

When I was told that I needed prepare myself and say goodbye, I was immediately filled with gratitude. I know, how wrong is that! I thought of all the time she spent telling me how much she hurt, how much she missed Grandpa. I thought of the last couple of weeks and the pain she must have been in.

Grandma passed this morning. I feel as if there is a piece missing from me. But, I know that I will see her again. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For the knowledge I have of eternal families. I am grateful that she will be in a place where she will be with her loved ones...pain free. I am grateful that her passing happened quickly. I feel as if prayers were answered, that she was comforted.

She will be missed. I am so thankful that Cole, Cameron and I were able to spend such quality time with her while I was caring for her. I have memories of her getting to know her only Great-Grandchild...and of Cameron getting to know his wonderful Great-Grandma. I will never forget how excited she was talking about him, re-telling stories about him, watching him learn new things. She was just as excited as I was when he started walking, talking, trying new things. She was also just as excited as he was when he mastered a new skill or got a new toy.

Grandma lived a full life. She will always be a part of me. She will always be loved and cherished!

No comments: