Shrimp Scampi and Pasta!
recipe adapted from Taste of Home
and Parents
Shrimp Scampi
12 oz Medium Shrimp (peeled and cleaned)
1 stick butter (1/2 c)
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbls lemon juice
2 tbls bread crumbs
Pasta and Sauce
1 lb pasta (we used spaghetti but would be great with angel hair or linguine too)
3 tbls + 1 tbls butter, divided
1/2 of an onion peeled and diced
3 tbls flour
2 cups chicken broth
4 oz cream cheese
1 tbls lemon juice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Start the water for your pasta. Melt the stick of butter and pour into a 9x13 pan. Place shrimp in pan and add garlic and juice, stir to combine. Add bread crumbs. When water for pasta is boiling place pan of shrimp in oven and then add the pasta to water. (I will add a bit of oil and salt to my pasta at this time) Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a sauce pan and add the onion. Cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add 3 tbls of butter to the onions and stir in flour. Once butter and flour are combined whisk in the chicken broth. Continue to stir sauce until it comes to a slight boil and begins to thicken. Add cream cheese, stir till combined and melted. Add lemon juice. Once pasta has reached it's desired tenderness, drain water reserving 1/2 cup. Pour sauce over pasta and stir to combine. Add pasta water as desired (I used the full 1/2 cup). Remove shrimp from oven (shrimp should be pink and no longer translucent). Serve shrimp over pasta.
This fed our family of four with plenty of pasta left over for tomorrow lunch for all of us!
Honestly, I prefer my favorite shrimp scampi over this one but it was very good and satisfied my craving! If you give it a try let me know what you think.
Oh, you'll notice I didn't add any salt while cooking except for the salt I added to my pasta water. I am watching my salt intact during pregnancy. You will need to salt and pepper if that is your thing...we all ended up passing the salt and pepper shakers around the table at least once ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment