Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wrapping the year up--2012

I love thinking back on the year and remembering the good things and the bad. Here goes:

We spent NYE 2011 eating halibut nuggets and french fries waiting for Cole to get home. I don't even think Cole and I made it to midnight last year!

January: I started the year with a hefty list of goals and am very happy to report that I completed just about half of them! I created a household binder and got rid of all of the piles of paper in different boxes around my house! I can happily say I've followed a meal plan most of the year and am cooking for scratch 5-6 nights a week. We didn't do as much traveling as I would have like but the boys and I did visit Oregon for a few weeks. I spent several months this spring and summer running and used a few different videos here at home. I lost 25lbs in just a few months but managed to gain almost half of it back while trying to conceive in the fall. January was a busy month for Cole at work and it was such a relief to have him home more towards the end of January.

February: I struggled big time in February. The kids were both doing great and Cole was right there with them but I had a heck of a time! I felt as if I didn't fit in and I was really having a hard time at church, I was very home sick. I was so glad to say good bye to February!

March: Spring Break!!! I was gifted a trip to Fairbanks thanks to my fabulous mother-in-law. Joshua and I caught a flight to -20 weather....I was able to spend 3 days with two of my sister-in-laws while Cole and Cameron had a BOYS WEEKEND! Cole took his full week off from work and enjoyed every minute of his PTO. Cameron and Joshua both had ear infections this months as well.

April: I started running this month. I felt so good to be running again. We celebrated 1 full year in Alaska this month as well. It was such a bitter-sweet celebration...we sure miss our family but we are so very happy to have made a home that is all ours!

May: Cameron finished preschool and I won't hide the fact that I cried. The day after his last day we took a red eye to Medford and surprised my sister! It was the best surprise ever and I am so happy and grateful the boys and I had the opportunity to go home. We spent 3 weeks in Oregon and spent tons of time playing with cousins and grandmas and papas. It was so fun.

June: I turned 26...June was pretty low key and easy going...Joshua was pretty sick mid June and we had some friends share great news with us and terrible news with us. I was counting my blessing in June.

July: July was spent playing outside as much as we could when it wasn't raining! I had to stop running in July as my knee started bothering me. This would also be the month that we decided it was time to add to our family and we started trying to conceive! This was also the month that we potty trained Joshua.

August: Cameron started school the third week of August. It was so fun taking him to get his school clothes and supplies. We have loved his teacher from the get go and I am so very proud of the student that he is. Joshua turned 2! It was so hard to believe that my little baby was a big 2 year old!

September: We had stormy September and are very thankful that those crazy weather systems didn't effect us too much. Cole worked some crazy hours this month and there were days when Cameron didn't get to see Cole!

October: Cole and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this month. We spent the weekend home with the kiddos and relaxed. We got Cameron's first report card and learned that he is doing spectacular at school and has improved well beyond the norm. We learned that this months cycle was THE cycle and that we would be welcoming a new addition to our family at the beginning of July!

November: Cameron turned 6 this month. We had a low key family day for his birthday and took cookies to his classroom to celebrate there too. My nausea kicked in almost instantly so I didn't do too much. Cole's work slowed down which was handy and Josh talks a mile a minute most days! Thanksgiving was rough as we missed family but we made the most of it and spent the day together. I finished all of our Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving!

December: Cameron started counting down the days till Christmas December 1st! Joshua learned about Santa and Baby Jesus' birth. I spent all month nauseas and can no longer lay claim to the fact that I don't throw up while pregnant! We saw our little on on his/her first ultrasound at 10.5 weeks. Cole took two weeks off and is spending winter break home with us. We had a fantastic Christmas and the boys received everything on their wish lists and then some.

I personally and looking forward to the new year, my growing belly and all the fun we have planned with our family. I can't wait till our little one arrives so that the boys can meet him/her. I am so grateful for all of the trials and sacrifices we've faced this last year and for how far we've come and our ability to over come what is thrown our way. I couldn't be more proud of my family and the different ways we've each grown. I'm excited to see what is in store for us this next year.

Happy New Year!

No comments: