I love this time of year! The lights on the Christmas tree make me so happy!
We had a great Thanksgiving. Being away from family is always hard but I love creating my own traditions and not feeling the pull from everyone. In years past we have tried to see everyone on a holiday...we'd do dinner one place and dessert at another and go visit someone else. It's exhausting. It was so nice to sit and relax with my little family.
Here's a quick wrap up of fall...
Cameron received his first report card. I am so happy and pleased with how well he's doing. Kindergarten report cards are boring and pointless...as long as you are doing as you are supposed to and progressing you get a 3! We did however receive a print out of his benchmark (the first week of school each child was evaluated and then again the week of report cards). The improvement was crazy! I can't remember exact number and I'm too tired to pull it out of the filing cabinet but they were something along the lines of recognizing 13 of 52 letters (uppercase and lowercase) during the first week of school and recognizing 36/52 letters with a goal of recognizing 30/56 by the end of the first quarter. His benchmarks for sound recognition as well as number recognition were just as impressive. Cameron's teacher has been out due to a family emergency so we've had a temporary sub for a couple of months now...We both LOVE her, but do to this we didn't have the opportunity to have a conference with his teacher. I did have the chance to talk with the sub for a few minutes and she had nothing but great things to say. To say I am proud would give you the wrong impression...as long as my children are happy and doing their best I am happy....What I am is blessed. I was truly frightened that moving Cameron from family was a mistake and that he would never settle in. I was scared that this would scar him for life. I feel as if I am being shown that this wasn't detrimental and that we did make the right choice by placing him in public school. Cameron is a special little spirit just as every child is. I've said from day one that he is my easy kid!
And then theirs Joshua! Mr J has started talking, He talks and talks and talks. I swear he says five new words a day and puts different words into sentences all day long! His little brain is working overtime. The crazy kid is regressing in the potty trained department. We are working on that. He stopped sleeping a few weeks ago but I think we've fixed that. There was a couple of weeks where I was convinced that there was something wrong with him but now I believe the flip was switched for terrible twos and he was working double time to make my life heck...things have gotten much better on that front too! He'll tell anyone who listens that there's a baby in his belly...not mommy's! He is still the best eater in the house and I swear he's grown two inches in two months. We've finally out grown out 12 month clothes and have had to move on to 18 month/24 month and 2Ts as the 12 month are too short. My bet is if there was a way to lengthen them he could have stayed in the 12 month pants for another 6 months or so...I am constantly rolling up the waist band on his 18/24 month clothes to keep them on his waist!
Cole's work schedule has finally slowed down. Thank goodness. He's been so supportive while I've been resting and avoiding anything that makes me sick. Super Husband goes to Cole for the month of November!
As for me, I am 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I see the doctor in just over a week and I am so excited to hear this little ones heartbeat. I'm still super nauseated and the fatigue set in over Thanksgiving. I also feel "foggy" quite often and I believe pregnancy brain gets worse with each one!
Enjoy the holidays and I will update as I can!
Hugs and Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment