Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thankful's, thoughts, and notes

The last few weeks have been tough. Aside from not feeling well, the brakes in our family car needed to be replaced, stranding the boys and I at home for a full week. We were hit with a nasty snow storm earlier this week covering our town in a foot of snow in a matter of hours. I'm still not feeling great and am waiting for this dang morning sickness to go away! I've been counting my blessing extra this weekend and savoring the time I have with my little ones. Part of me feels selfish snuggling my guys extra when I know there a so many moms and dads missing their kiddos this weekend! 

Thankful's, thoughts, and notes:

*My kiddos are my light, sometimes I yell, sometimes I get frustrated but at the end of the day I don't know what I'd do without them.

*I almost picked Cameron up from school Friday morning after seeing the news....

*I hate snow...when I have to drive in it! I hate it even more when it doesn't go away and it makes for icy roads for weeks and months till it starts to warm up!

* Sleep deprivation and pregnancy don't mix...I am a mess! Not patients, lots of yelling---and crying and then laughing---no energy! Ugggg!

*My husband is super handy and fixed our brakes. So nice to have a handy husband.

*I have some great friends...one of them stepped up and took Cameron to and from school for a whole week for me! She's awesome and Cameron loves her kids so it was extra special for him!

*Holidays are rough without family. 

*I am extra grateful for the gospel this week and my knowledge and testimony of eternal families. I saw a post by a friends asking where God is....He's there comforting those families...He's there comforting that community and the nation. He can't control the things taht happen as we all have the ability to make choices...but He is there to help us pick up the pieces if we allow Him in.

*I will continue to be naive and believe that things like the shootings this week can't/won't happen here. I know it's naive thinking...I know in my gut that it can...BUT it's the only way I can send my children out of my home. 

Just a few of the things that have crossed my mind this evening! 

1 comment:

Arianna said...

Isnt it just crazy how morning sickness and something as cool as pregnancy go together? Im so sorry. good friends are awesome.

people doing things like what happened in ct is just sick and wrong and I had the same thoughts about sending kids to school. makes me sick to think too hard about it.

Wish we lived closer. I would love to come over and take your boys for a couple hours while you catch up on rest or just relax for a couple hours.

Take care... <3