A year ago or so I was suffering from a constant headache...it seemed to have lasted for weeks on end! I finally decided it had to do with something I was eating.
As a child I suffered from the occasional migraine...as in I had to go to sleep to get rid of it! I would be sensitive to light, sound, smells. You name it it would make it worse! I remember several times where I would lay in my dark bedroom with a cold wash cloth over my forehead and eyes trying to fall asleep. When I would wake, my migraine would be gone.
My headaches last year were not like this....these were simple headaches..far from debilitating. My migraines have come back though! I hadn't had one in quite some time...maybe once a year since I was 16 or so. But I am getting them once a month now...for the past couple of months!
I had another last night. I would rather have the flu and be vomiting with a fever than have a migraine! When my migraines come on it is all I can do to function. I start shaking, my head starts throbbing, I become nauseous. Last night after about an hour of trying to function I went to bed. After Cameron finally fell asleep, I tossed and turned in bed willing away the tears from the pain and praying that I would fall asleep so the pain would go away! It seemed to be forever and a day before this finally happened but it was more like and hour and a half later before I fell asleep.
I still have a touch of a headache today and my gag reflex is extra sensitive, but, I think I will survive....until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment