Today is one of those days I'd like to curl up with a good book and sip hot cocoa while wrapped in a blanket! I haven't been feeling well the last few days and I am just dragging!!! Also, I haven't seen the sun yet today...it's dark and gloomy out side. The perfect soup day. BUT, my husband won't eat soup so I don't make it very often. I wanted soup for lunch. So I threw a quick pot of soup together and it was so yummy, so easy and I have plenty left for lunch for the rest of the week. I used leftovers(!!!) to make this soup and you could add or subtract anything to make is just as you'd like.
Chicken and Rice soup
4 C Water
2 cubes chicken bouillon (follow directions on your bouillon...this is what mine called for)
1 can of chicken (sells in stores by the tuna fish...it is by tyson and it white chicken meat) OR 1-2 cups left over chicken shredded or diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced OR a handful of baby carrots diced OR you could even use frozen carrots!
2 cups cooked rice
1 can green beans (I used no salt added) OR and frozen veggies
assorted spices---I used garlic powder, thyme, basil and oregano---just a shake or two of each to give it flavor.
Bring your water and bouillon to a boil with carrots and chicken. Let boil till carrots are tender. Add spices, rice and green beans. Bring to a boil again, just to warm rice and green beans. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes, then Enjoy!
This soup warmed me up and made my house smell yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment