Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whew...we made it!

Another week down....I had my concerns. Sometimes I feel like I will never make it. I feel like I live a life of tremendous stress.....from finances to everyday things I feel over whelmed and in a state of panic sometimes. Here are some highlights from my week...

Cameron had learned several new things this week...most are noises and can't be duplicated here...so you will have to take my word for it. He has a fascination with all things that move, more specifically trains, cars, airplanes and helicopters. He mastered the car (vrooom) sound and the airplane (waawow) sound and today learned the helicopter sound....this is the one that can't be duplicated...just think of the sound a helicopter makes and imagine a 22 month old imitating that sound. Next, he loves watching Bill Nye the Science Guy with his dad. They watched an episode about animals and next thing I know Cole had taught him what an elephant says....again imagine the sound an elephant makes and then imagine a 22 month old imitating it....it's hilarious!

By now you've probably seen my post about my new niece, Jillian! No new there...all though, mom and baby are home from the hospital and doing great.

The Republican National Convention was a highlight for us. I'm not into politics and actually run from the room when they are mentioned....BUT I will let you all know that I do plan to vote. I voted in the last election and will now too! I may hate politics but I have my beliefs and morals and they play a part in politics for me. We were planning our new life in Canada, although Cole was planning on a different place...maybe Brazil when BAM...Sarah Palin was chose for the republican running mate. I have put the moving plans on hold and will now wait to see what happens......I am very excited about her.

Cole and his dad took a trip to Seattle this week. They left at 7 am Friday morning and returned at 6 am Saturday morning....yes it was a short trip but the report I got was: The Mariners played a great game and WON, imagine that. Cole said the company was great and he had a nice time with his dad.

While Cole was gone I was home with Cameron. We ran some errands and got stranded in the Albertson's parking lot with out a cell phone. My grandmas car is a little testy when it gets hot out and won't start. I found the nearest pay phone and called my sister for help. After waiting for a while a tried starting the car again and it started. I kept it running while I called my sister and cancelled my call for help. Cameron and I made it safe and sound and didn't venture out in that car again. Other that we fared well and did okay with out the help of daddy...which is comforting....I have had Cole's help for the last three months. He starts school again in just a couple of weeks and won't be around as much.

Well I am exhausted after my weekend alone and am going to crawl into bed. Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: