Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22, 2011

The last few days Joshua has been fussy...and fussy is an understatement! Oh my, it seems like has cried for 3 days straight! He is cutting his top two front teeth. He's already cut his front bottom and his eye teeth. I just pray that they pop through soon!

Cameron is so silly! He's been cracking us up lately! Last Sunday on the way home from Anchorage after dropping Amanda off he fluffed (our nice polite way of saying farted!). He denied it and then said "mom, it didn't smell like my normal fluffs". If that wasn't funny enough a little while later I started smelling something again and asked if he had fluffed again...he responded with "mom, I just couldn't help myself". Today, he came out of the bathroom after taking care of #2 business...Cole walked through the steps with him.."Cameron did you wipe?" "yes." "did you flush?" "yes." did you wash your hands?" blank look and a little blush..."Cameron go ahead and go back in to the bathroom and wash your hands." Cameron shrugs his shoulders and starts walking that direction and mumbles under his breath "whatever, dad". He did go in and wash his hands. He just has the funniest little attitude for a 4 year old.

Cole is doing exceptional. he loves his job, he loves Alaska and he's just happy as a clam.

I have been keeping busy with sewing...I finished my first tote bag with out a pattern last weekend. It was so fun to work through each step and figure out what to do and where to go next. I have started my second one as well as a new quilt. I love having a sewing machine out where I can sit down and sew for a few minutes here or there. I have also been reading quite a bit lately. I finished Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky earlier this week. I am on the second book of the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. Once I'm done with that I will move on to the third and final book in that series. I have several book in my to be read pile...I'm looking forward to some good read later this summer. Next week we will be headed to Homer. Cole has to stay here as he can't get the time off right now to go with us. But his parents fly in on Wednesday with his sister Mandi and her clan. We will meet them in Anchorage and then spend the week with them. I'm looking forward to a mini vacation. Cameron is looking forward to having cousins to play with. Cole is looking forward to a quiet house.

Overall we are all happy and healthy. We are loving the long days and find that on the long sunny days we savor every moment!

No comments: