Sunday, July 10, 2011

June-July

Wow, today has been a busy day. I keep looking at Cole and telling him how I feel like I have done nothing but go, go, go! It's been nice though. Life hasn't been too exciting around here lately. Cole has been keeping busy at work...seems like he leaves the house between 9 and 10 am and doesn't return home till 9 or 10 pm most days. With the one car that gets kinda hard...there was one point this last week when I realized I hadn't left the house in something like 3 continuous days...can't so that! It makes me go crazy...really! I get a nasty headache, lots of anxiety and I can't focus. I am so glad that Cole has finally learned this about me. As soon as he noticed that I was feeling this way he loaded the kids and I in the car and we took off on a little drive. Nothing too exciting but enough to get us out of the house, fresh air and some quality alone time (the boys fell asleep on the drive, just happened to be bed time! and Cole and I were able to catch up on work gossip and the happenings of the kiddos.).

Joshua started walking last week...he spent about a week taking a few steps here and a few steps their. He finally figured it out though and does nothing but walk now! It's so funny to see such a little guy up walking. Cameron was the same way...teeny tiny up walking before he should be! Joshua is 10 months old. It's so hard to believe that we will celebrate his birthday in just a few short weeks!

When we moved we sold his crib and left the playpen....I cam with what could fit inside three suitcases and three boxes...Cole came with what would fit in the car and only what HE needed for the 6-8 weeks we were to be apart! Anyhow, I received a gift card for my birthday from a dear sweet friend in Oregon. With that we bought Joshua a new playpen. The poor kid has been sleeping with Cole and I for the last four months. Tonight is his 3rd night in his new bed and he seems to have adjusted well. I have chosen to not use the "cry it out" method with my kiddos...just a personal choice, but when it came down to getting Joshua in his own bed I had no idea how to do it! With Cameron we had a crib....the sides were higher and it just sat higher off the ground...much easier to go in and rub backs and comfort. Anyhow, I didn't want to fight with Joshua anymore the other night...bedtime fights...I hate them! I told him it was time for bed and that I loved him. I layed him down and then shut the door. It had to have been about 10 minutes later when I realized he was no longer crying. I couldn't believe it. I was literally just getting up to go in and let him know that I was still here, rub his back and sing him a song. The next night, he cried for bout 2 minutes. Tonight, he cried for 30 seconds. Now, we haven't conquered the night waking thing yet...once a night isn't bad for me...I know he's perfectly capable of sleeping through the night. I just haven't fought that fight yet!

Cameron is getting so big! His primary teacher at church had a party for her class today. He received the invite last Sunday and has talked about the party all week. He had so much fun today. They had cheese pizza and root beer floats. They raced around her huge yard and played T-ball! Cameron is too funny! Tonight we were talking about a surprise Cole is planning for me...we were discussing what the surprise might be. I was rattling off ideas and Cameron would tell me how he felt about them...I mentioned that maybe the surprise was a new book, Camerons response was "what book could he possibly get you that you haven't already read, mom?". He talks so grown up. There are times when I look at him and wonder if he is really 4 because most of the time I forget that he is only 4! He acts so much older all the time!

I have spent the last few weeks baking, cooking, gardening, reading, cleaning and being a mommy! I cherish the time I spend with my kids. I am so very grateful for their health, their knowledge and their being! The bed-time fight I was talking about earlier.... is only worth it because of the bedtime snuggles I get!

No comments: