Monday, July 25, 2011

Recipe: chicken salad

My good friend Kaitlin gave me the link to a new recipe site...I love cooking and eating so this was a win win for me! The moment I opened the site I knew what I was having for lunch. She had posted a recipe for Pistachio Chicken Salad. I didn't have any pistachios on hand and I was out of celery so I made do with what I did have. Here's my version of what looked to be a yummy salad...mine was so yummy!

Chicken Salad: adapted from For the Love of Cooking

1/4 c mayo
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
sea salt and black pepper
2 c roasted chicken (I used canned chicken)
1/4 c yellow onion, finely diced
1/4 c roasted bell peppers, diced
4 romaine lettuce leaves

Combine all ingredients except for lettuce. Spoon onto lettuce leaves. Make 2 servings, 2 lettuce cups per person!

Try it! It's yummy!

No comments: