Most of my cooking is tailored to my husband! He loves CARBS...anything white and full and heavy! He loves pasta, bread and potatoes! He's also a man...and most men I know love pizza! I can't afford to feed my man pizza very often. In Oregon our local WinCo sold ready made "homemade" pizza dough....we loved it and made Friday nights pizza night. Cameron loved helping top the pizza and was always so proud. Since moving to Alaska we have had to make our own pizza dough. I've tried a few different recipes and I have finally found "the one"! Thanks to
Our Best Bites we have re-instated Friday night as pizza night! We dress our pizza in some marinara sauce right from the jar, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and then some pepperoni on one half and just cheese on the other side. I pre-bake my dough for about 10 minutes before dressing with topping....seems to help the dough cook through better. Once topped I bake for an additional 10-15 or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly! Be sure to let cool for a few minutes before cutting....this helps to allow things to settle....this way the cheese and yummy toppings don't slide off!
I adapted Our Best Bites bread stick recipe and am using it as a pizza dough!
1 1/2 c. warm (105-115 degrees) water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
3-4 1/2 c. flour
Add salt and stir. Add 1 1/2 c. flour and mix well. Gradually add more flour (usually between 3-4 cups, depending on your elevation and your humidity) until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and it barely sticks to your finger. In a large bowl (the bowl of your mixer, if you have one), combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes or until yeast is bubbly. Spray a glass or metal bowl with cooking spray and place dough in the bowl.Cover and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
once dough has doubled in bulk....remove from bowl and shape into pizza crust. I use a cookie sheet but you could and should use a stone pan if possible. From here you will bake for a few to help dough cook through and then top! Be sure to bake at 425 degrees!
Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment