Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just Us

I was going to post pictures of our house all dressed up for Christmas. BUT the camera is in the car and we are experiencing freezing temperatures here in good ole' Southern Oregon!
So I guess a family update will have to suffice.

Cole is doing really well. I feel like our prayers have been answered and we are out of our limbo/downhill state. I see an end coming, not for good but at least some relief. For those of you who don't know Cole suffers from Bipolar, Seasonal Affective Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Please see tomorrows post for more information on these mental illnesses. In the meantime, he is doing great (I'm almost scared to say it....we've had a really bad fall/winter and I don't want to jinx it). In fact he's made such a turn around on the new doses of medication that the psychiatrist was thrilled and felt comfortable taking time off for the holidays.He finishes his third term of school last week. This last term was a huge challenge and I am so proud of him for sticking it out and making it through. He is looking forward to a couple of weeks off with Cameron and I.

Cameron has been practicing his new words....ALL THE TIME! It's almost as if he could sense that we were thinking about taking him in....he says baby, apple, ouch, and dog all the time...over and over and over again! He's pretty darn cute and is definantly the joy in my days. He's still obsessed with trains and now he's also obsessed with Santa and anything Christmas for that matter calling it all oho, oho (grandma tried to teach him ho ho ho....he does oho oho oho).

I am chugging along. Some days are easier than others. I am looking forward to January when the holidays are behind us and I can refocus my energy on weight-loss and health! I have taken up cross-stitching, I love it and have some big plans....hopefully I will finish my first big project in the next couple of months!

There you have it another short update on the Henderson's. I had big dreams of sending out Christmas cards but the half finished cards are sitting on my dresser and I have no desire to finish them! Sorry!

No comments: