Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sealed for all of Time and Eternity

On December 23, 2006, just six weeks after Cameron was born, our family was sealed in the Medford, Oregon LDS Temple for time and eternity. I remember the day like it was yesterday. The spirit Cole and I felt was more than we could have imagined and so hard to explain. I felt comfort in knowing that the "one" I had chosen was going to be mine forever. I also felt comfort in knowing that Cameron (and any other children we may have) will be with us in the eternities, as well.

I was terrified that Cameron was going to cry while in the temple. He didn't, it was as if he could feel the importance of day and the specialness of the temple. Every time we see the temple Cameron says baby, we have told him that he was in the temple with us when he was a baby. It's so sweet to see the recognition come over his face when he see the beauty of the temple.

This day will always be a very special day for me. Cole will never give me a greater gift than the gift he gave me this day two years ago. I am so thankful for the knowledge we have and continue to gain through personal prayer and revelation. I am thankful for the temple and the peace that is felt there. I am thankful for the gospel and the many blessings my family has received through study, prayer, and faith. I look forward to the future knowing that no matter what happens I have a loving Heavenly Father who will always be there for me as long as I let him in.

No comments: