Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree....

Am I a terrible person if I don't put up a Christmas tree this year?

We keep all of our Christmas decorations in a closet in our garage. Well, this last summer, while I was having a garage sale I discovered a mouse/rat in this closet. I promptly had Cole set out some bait, and he ate it all. Then I had him set out some more bait, that was all eaten, too. Then it started to smell he/she dies somewhere in my garage. I hadn't had the nerve to open the closet door until the day after Thanksgiving, I was going to decorate with the rest of the world. RIGHT! I pulled the door open with all of the courage I would open up which wasn't enough because as soon as I saw the damage the door went flying shut and I was out out of the garage. No, the mouse/rat wasn't dead in front of the door but there were several things destroyed and proof in the form of dropping everywhere!

I was able to put most of our decorations into tubs last year, thank goodness. But the tree didn't fit, go figure, and I am not brave enough to survey the damage.

I think we will be tree-less. I've hung the stockings though, that counts, right?

2 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Ha, ha. . .I hate mice/rats. . . I would do the same, if I was you! We've gone tree-less some years, and NO you are not a bad mom if you do. . . .just take your little one to G'mas to enjoy her tree!

allison nadauld said...

You are braver than me... you opened the door, set traps! Aaron would have to torch the place before I'd go get my Christmas stuff out. I'm such a whimp. I would not put up a tree either. We had a rat last year and I still can't get it out of my head. I walked around in snow boots for a while. It's a nightmare! You have my sympathy