Friday, November 21, 2008

The Dentist....

It went well! I was pleasantly surprised. After filling out the paper work we were of course ushered back to a room. Cameron was not going to sit in the chair so he sat on my lap in the chair. The dentist was patient and talked with Cameron for a minute. He then coerced him into opening his mouth....with out screaming (yay!!). Everything looked great (good news always makes me happy!!). The sweet hygienist then tried to paint fluoride onto his teeth and he wasn't having that. I think she managed to get it on his lips and maybe his two front teeth...but there still wasn't much screaming! The best part, We don't have to go back until next November!!!

On another happy note, Cameron went #2 in his potty chair last night. I don't think he's quite ready for potty training but it's a start.

Okay, one more happy note....He has (suddenly) started saying some new words this week. His favorite is Apple. He also said happy, bite and my daddy (he been saying daddy for about a year now but never with my in front of it). I feel like we are making progress and hoping that when January comes I don't have to call the doctor for that speech therapist referral.

I am going to keep this a happy post. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OK, Amber I checked out some photos of Christine's Twilight Night Out on my friends blog and she introduced me to another FREE site. . . go to her blog: www.thejollyholleys.blogspot.com

annie valentine said...

Your boy is so cute, what a good mama, taking him to the dentist. My three-year-old probably has six months of plaque built up on his teeth, during toothbrush time the bathroom is a war zone. He usually wins.