Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did you Vote?

Well, we voted last night. We put it off as long as we could but we got it done. I was surprised by how emotional I've been since casting my vote. It sounds strange and maybe I'm the only one but I find it kind of spiritual and I an trying to find something good in this crazy election.

Here are some of my thoughts:

I'm not a political person, I hate politics. I understand that it's the way of our nation, most organizations and companies and really everyday life, but I don't think it should be. However, after casting my vote last night and driving down to the drop box I felt important. This is the second election I have participated in. the importance of voting was instilled in me and I am thankful for that. I know that there have been many people that have fought and died for the right to vote and I am thankful for their hard fight and sacrifice, it has given me more strength and courage to cast my vote and vote for what I believe.

At the end of the day, when all the ballots have been counted, I know that no matter what the outcome, we will be okay. I am scared out of my mind of the outcome but I know that Heavenly Father has his hand in this as much as he does in the trials we face daily. He has control and it is his will. It's only four years, right. Anyhow, I am trying to prepare myself for the outcome of this election. I, at the moment, feel comfortable with the whatever may happen. Will that last through the evening and into the night? Probably not.

I sure hope that those of you who are eligible to do so have voted. It is an important right that we as Americans have.

May the man best qualified to lead America be the one elected.

* I made two posts today, please scroll down to see my lion....and read about our halloween!

No comments: