or not to simplify, that is the question.
Sometimes I feel like the world gets ahead of me and I can never catch up. I have a wonderful mother-in-law who preaches this simple word: Simplify. In fact she says it so much that when she says it we roll our eyes, we all know she's right....but how exactly do you do it? This is what I am trying to figure out. You all know my list of duties....the things I am responsible for from cleaning to cooking to bathing and errands. I am a mom, wife, daughter, grand-daughter and care-giver daily! Not to mention the chauffeur for my younger sister and the friend and the and the! You get the point.
Something has got to give. I'm gonna go crazy. I am reminded daily of a message I have received...Keep your home in a manner that Heavenly Father would be pleased with. After much prayer and pondering of this simple sentence I have found that it doesn't have anything to do with cleanliness.
As I strive to simplify, I am also trying to create a place of comfort, a place of peace and most importantly a place that the Holy Spirit dwells.
So in an attempt to simplify Cole and I have had to sit down and decide what is important. Our family. Our family is our number one priority. Our marriage is number one and a half.
I will keep you posted on the steps we have decide to take. We are starting with baby steps and will work our way up...I think I will post step by step once in a while, after we've conquered it of course! AND if any of you (the few that read my blog) have any ideas please share.
1 comment:
I have some vinyl lettering someone sent me as a promotion that says "simplify" I'll have to give you one so you can put it on your bathroom mirror and remind yourself each day of your new resolve! I'm going to YW in Ex for your ward. . .will you be there? Are you in YW?
Post a Comment