Every Thanksgiving, in the past, as far back as I remember I have spent thanksgiving with my Dad....at least most of it. This year he's in Kansas with his family, I will miss him .
Our plans are, I'm sure, just like the rest of yours....eating a big feast. Cameron and I (and maybe Cole, too) will be going to my Aunts house where we will spend the afternoon with my mom's side of the family.
I'm sure your expecting a list of things I'm grateful for so I will give you a small, short and sweet one. I have so much I'm thankful for, so many wonderful blessings...but these are the one's I'm thinking of at the moment:
- My wonderful family (including extended family). I am blessed to have in-laws that I love and to feel welcomed.
- I am thankful for a wonderful place to live, there's something to be said for living in the home in which you spend most of your childhood. I love everything about this house.
- I am thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am thankful for the missionaries that serve through out the world, helping people like us understand the gospel and come to know our Savior and Heavenly Father. I am thankful for my ward, our wonderful bishop and the people I serve with in my calling. I am thankful for the Prophet and Apostles. I am thankful for our Stake President and his beautiful family.
- I'm thankful for my wonderful friends.
Like I said there are countless other things I am grateful for.
I challenged a sister I visit teach this month to make a list of the things she is grateful for and told her to place it somewhere she would see it often. When she sees it she should read it, it might just help to brighten her day.
Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment