Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twilight...

I am completely and totally bummed this morning. On a morning when everybody and there dog are planning there evening around the midnight showing of TWILIGHT....I am sad.

In an attempt to simplify and bring peace into our home we removed the TVs from our house (Grandma still has hers and we avoid it like the plague). In doing this we also committed to only watch movies rated G and PG. Folks, that means Twilight is out for me. it's rated PG-13. Trust me, I have tried to justify....I have tried to convince. But Cole and I made this commitment together, to bring a better feel into OUR home and we decided together that we wanted to give up these movies (I had forgotten about twilight at that very moment two weeks ago and am now regretting this decision at this very moment, but still!!!).

So go, enjoy the movie....try not to think about me at home, wallowing in my own self-pity.

On a side note, things in the Henderson household are still out of control, in case you were wondering.

I feel the adversary working in our daily lives. I see him working in our family, those temptations that had been conquered have returned, those weakness that had been strengthend are weakened again. There are days it would be easier to throw in the towel and give in for both Cole and I. But, In the end it gets us no where. Right now, we have to stay strong, as individuals and as a couple, we have to focus our energy on living as we should and think about times as eternal, and not as in now.

On a less significant note, Cameron has his first dentist appointment tomorrow morning. Please pray for us. It will be difficult, he will scream and I feel so very sorry for the dentist and his hygienist and assistant. Thanks goodness the office we are going to has a pediatric specialist....I just hope they don't kick us out. Any words of advice for me??

Other than that life is life.

2 comments:

allison nadauld said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You are an inspiration. Thanks.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Amber, I'm finally catching up on your blog from my out of town business and I must say, the movie wasn't all it was cracked up to be, I'm sure you imagined the books better than the movie made them out to be. So don't wallow anymore, you Ain't missin nuthin!