there for a week....now lets see if I can get back into this!
It's really been a roller-coaster ride the last few weeks. SO much has happened, and not happened, and all of it has really effected me. There's everything Cole is dealing with......which leads to medical bills. Cole and I are uninsured. Cameron is insured....well great...he's not the one with mental health issues! Anyways....some great blessings have come our way so I must be thankful to the health system but at the same time I'm feeling a little over whelmed and stressed. There are still bills to pay and still meds to buy and there is only so much money.
Next, We took Cameron in for his 2 year well baby visit....it went well. I love his doctor and Cole was pleased as well. He is growing as he should be and is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Over he is healthy and we couldn't ask for me! However, as if I need one more thing to worry about, He's not talking. He's two. He should be saying 20-50 words and I can count on both hands ALL of the words Cameron says. He has simply chosen not to talk. He doesn't have a hearing problem, he understand and follows directions well. SO The doctor has suggested that we have him evaluated by a speech therapist. He said we can give it a couple more months and then make a decision or we can get a head start and start now. He doesn't want us to wait more than 2 months though. So after the holidays, IF Cameron is STILL not talking we will be taking him to a speech therapist. (luckily, Cameron's insurance will cover this!)
Me-I have had some of the worst headaches I've ever had in the last couple of weeks. Stress does that to me and boy have I endured my fair share of it. My hope is that I will feel some release soon....and then all will be better....until then I have my bottle of Advil and a nice dark cool room to keep the migraines at bay.
What a depressing post....I do apologize......
2 comments:
You poor thing! Stress is the Devil.
Now, just so you know, my Josh didn't talk until he was about 2.5 and at that point he only said 3 words: "Aaah" (Ariel, Mom and Emma) "GAR" (Scar and any bad guys/people who made him mad) "Dimba" (Simba, and himself)
Not only did I think he had speech problems, I thought he might be delusional. I certainly didn't look like Ariel and he wasn't a little lion cub. And sometimes he refered to his dad as "GAR" so that was a little weird. We had no money and couldn't afford the co-pay (even though we had the insurance) so I never took him in for anything. I just kept trusting he'd be fine. He was. He started talking closer to 3, and in complete sentences, at that point. He's been weird since birth, but he's mine and I love the kid.
I hope my confession about Josh makes you feel better about Cameron.
My kids are def. feeling better today, I think I may be able to sneak away during the BYU football game on Sat. . . are you available or is that family time? If not, Monday would work, too. . . Sarah
I wouldn't worry about that handsome Cameron. He's such a cutie. Some just take longer to jabber. Watch you'll miss those peaceful quieter days one day!:) Hope you are all feeling better soon!
Post a Comment