This last Saturday was the General Relief Society Broadcast. This is a broadcast for the women of the Mormon church. It is broadcast live and I can watch it in my living room or I can go to our Stake center and watch it their with other ladies I go to church with. If I am ever lucky enough I can go to Salt Lake City and watch it live in the Conference Center like my friend Sarah did (she even took pictures...click on sevenvillageidiarts to the left to see her pictures). Anyways...my point is I forgot! I know I know. I was so disappointed though, I was looking forward to this broadcast. I have been down a lot lately and I was looking forward to hearing what our leaders had to say.
I went to lds.org this morning and started watching the meeting from my computer! It was so neat! I didn't get very far into it before I was interrupted by the pitter-patter of feet that meant Cameron had discovered I had left him alone in the living room. But what I did see of it was marvelous. I was overpowered by emotion when the 350 member women's choir started singing. I was literally sitting here at my computer crying. It was beautiful.
I am so thankful for music and the spiritual influence it has in our lives. I was touched this morning and even more excited to sit down and watch conference without the pitter-patter of Cameron's feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment