Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some thoughts and pictures...

It's been a busy week and we are only half way through it.

Our week started with church on Sunday. We visited our old ward and saw lots of old friends. We also had lots of relatives visiting that day because Cole's dad was being called as the new Bishop in that ward. It was a wonderful day, but emotional. We love Bishop Thompson and he has made a huge impact on our family, like my father-in-law said an impact of eternal measure. I know this personally and I am sad to see him released, however, I am excited to see what Heavenly Father has planned for him now. He is a wonderful man full of love for each and every person he meets. I am excited for my father-in-law. He too is a wonderful man full of love and knowledge. I am excited to see what he does for the lord and to watch him grow with more love for the members of his ward. I love sitting down and chatting with Bruce. He is so close to our Heavenly Father and has such a deep understanding of the gospel, I am excited for the Jacksonville Ward and the opportunity they will have to get to know Bishop Henderson.

Then came Monday. Cole started his third term on Monday. He was excited to start back to school and ready to weld. I am so glad that he is enjoying his classes and that he loves what he does so much! I also had to take grandma to the doctor on Monday. She has a chronic dislocation in her left shoulder. The only way to repair this is by surgery and since the injury is old (more than 2 weeks and probably about 2 years old)and she is in poor health the surgeons won't perform the much needed surgery. At this point in time it is something that is very painful and that she will have to live with for the rest of her life.

Monday evening after dinner Cole had some friends from Alaska over. They are moving to Seattle and made a (long) detour to little Central Point, OR for a quick over night stay for some fun and games. We stayed up much too late playing Risk. It is nice to have an extra bedroom to accommodate like that. These friends had been sleeping in their car for several days and they were very grateful for a floor and bed to sleep on.

Tuesday morning after Cole's visitors left he went to his second day of school. Very short and sweet and he is excited about his mechanical drafting class. He also went to the Doctor. His ingrown toenail is still bothering him and I'm afraid we will have to see a podiatrist to have the nail removed and the nail bed killed. For now we are trying another dose of antibiotics.

Today Cole is back at school for his first FULL day. Monday was short and sweet just going over the syllabus in both classes. He is gone from 7 to 5:30 Monday and Wednesdays.
Cole got a new desk last week for FREE! There is a little cabinet to one side and Cameron discovered it. He loves to hide in it and laughs and laughs when you fins him!
We hope everyone has a great week and we love you all!

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Wow, you have been jam packed!! We were excited for your family when we heard about Bruce! xoxo