Today is our third anniversary! Here's our story!
Cole and I met in high school he was a senior and I was a junior. We had seen each other in the halls and such but never had we interacted. We were both in drama and were doing a production of Grease together. I was Jan and he was Sonny. Half-way through our three months worth of rehearsals I decided I had a crush on him. I did what every high schooler did and told my best friend to find out how he felt. A few minutes later on a break we were both at the water fountain and he used a hilarious pick-up line on me. Now, I don't remember what it was...but trust me it was pretty funny! In the end he got my phone number....not that he remembered it because he never called.....
It took him another month to call me....at this point he had two other "girlfriends". He would die if he knew i was telling all of his dirty secrets. Anyways it wasn't until dress rehearsal that we talked again and I of course had to initiate it. I asked him if he wanted to go to lunch before our Saturday show. He said he wasn't sure but that he'd call me. I found out later that Cole didn't have my number any more but that he called my BFF and got it from her....the morning we were supposed to go to lunch....I know I shoulda ditched him there. But We did go to lunch and we had a great time even though his friends showed up to spy on us. We walked around at a park for a while and then we went back to his house....he had to trade his parents cars. Anyways....later that day he told me how much he liked me...looking back it makes me laugh because he liked every girl. But we were officially boyfriend girlfriend by the end of the night and we were holding hands.
That was in April 2003. He graduated in June 2003 and moved to Alaska...I was heart broken. I didn't know how I'd go on and blah blah blah. We broke up....in August 2003. But as you probably guessed he came home in October and whisked me off my feet. But we broke up again! LOL I know I know! In January I was so busy with school and the drama club I was a part of that I didn't think I wanted a boyfriend....then I had to play hard to get for a few months. I graduated in June 2004 and we started dating AGAIN in August 2004.
On October 17, 2004 Cole took me to the spot he told me he loved me for the first time (only to weeks after we first started dating!!! in April 2003.), the Mae Richardson Elementary School playground (I lived only a few steps from there). He told me how much he loved me and how much he loved my family. He had hopes of his family loving me and of me loving his family! He wanted to share forever together and asked me to marry him. Of Course I said YES! Yes I was just barely 18, yes I had just barely graduated and yes our parents were furious. BUT I don't regret that decision one bit, never have!
We were married on October 16, 2005 at Lithia Park in Ashland Oregon. Our ceremony was very small, short and sweet. Our family's were there and we each had our best friends by our sides.
Now, Three years later we have beautiful little boy and I love Cole more than I did the day we were married! We now each other better, we understand each other better. We share hopes and dreams. But the best part of it all, I know who I will spend eternity with. I love you, Cole, and I look forward to our forever!
1 comment:
What a wonderful story, I always wondered how you two met! Thanks for sharing all the "dirty little secrets!"
Post a Comment