Saturday, October 4, 2008

One week down....

eleven to go! Cole finished his first week back to school. His classes are good and he feels confident so far! One we have finished this term he will have three under his belt and will be at the top of the mountain! He needs six terms to graduate so as long as he takes the required classes it should be no problem at all....he's taking 15 credits this term. I am so proud of Cole for setting out on this adventure. He is doing it to be able to take care of Cameron and I (and any kids we may have in the future) and he will never know how much I appreciate that!

As for Cameron...this was a better week. Although we were busy, Cameron kept the fits to a minimum and after last weekend that was much appreciated. He still isn't talking much...he makes a few new noises though. He can moooooo for a cow and makes a licking/slurping noise for a giraffe and can oooo oooo for an owl. It's pretty darn cute! There are days when I get very frustrated that he's not talking...it'd be so nice if he could just tell me if he wants milk or water with out having to risk mopping the floor, again! He does get his point across most of the time and I'm starting to understand the grunts, believe it or not. For instance, when we lay down for snuggle time at night, we sing. His two favorites are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I am a Child of God...I can understand which one he wants...I just have to listen really hard for the breaks before grunts....they sound like words especially if he has been given a choice....it get easier every day.....I just hope that when he does start talking he talks in sentences.....it will be soooo much easier!

And Me. This week was much better than last. I enjoyed a new book. My very favorite thing is to curl up on the couch and read on a dark and gloomy day...anyone that lives near Central Point, OR knows how the weather was this week. I did enjoy the cooler weather but when the sky is gray I like to read. So I read! I read Nights in Roadanthe. I loved it. It took me about three weeks to get into it....I read four pages and was bored but I wanted to see the movie so I made myself read it and I am glad I did. Yes, I cried....the last 40 pages of the book but it was well worth it, I enjoyed my day on the couch! Thanks, Cole for being Mr. Mom while I was in la la land.

That's it for us! We love you,

The Henderson's

1 comment:

allison nadauld said...

I am right with you when it comes to curling up with a good book while it's raining. That Cameron is too cute!